Monday, June 30, 2008

hiking through the countryside





today we went to a meeting in one of the cantones or countryside districts, appropriately named la montaña, or the mountain. It took us 2.5 hours to hike to there because we got lost. It was a beautiful hike, but very hot and if it hadn't been for the hand-held fan that jonathan had bought me i probably would have over-heated (see picture). I can't imagine having to do that hike to get to my home every time I wanted to leave. Here are some pictures from the hike, including the one where we have to stop to ask directions at the only house we can spot for miles.

3 comments:

Gaye said...

elian, dear--I feel so terrible that Jess missed your calls. Lots happened while she was home and we did not get your messages. Email me at tibbets@hitefanning.com and I will catch you up. I love these pictures of you, beautiful girl! I am having difficulty imagining you living with a chicken, tho...

Alana said...

pretty!

Unknown said...

You always manage to surprise me.