




(read the post below first)
One of the many pilgrims to my town was my host mom from training, Nina Juanita! It was so wonderful to see her, she is such an amazing person. I was so touched because she introduced me to her friends as her "hija," or daughter :). She just came back from five months in the U.S., where she went to visit her son who is living illegally in Houston. When he picked her up from the airport, he told her he had a "surprise" waiting for her at home. When she got there there was a new woman holding a 3 month old baby girl - his wife and daughter! Of course, like almost all Salvadorans in the U.S., he had married a fellow Salvadoran. She spent the rest of her visit being the baby's nanny, but she sounded quite happy about it. It was great to reconnect with Juanita, and I felt proud to her show her my adopted community and the life I had built in El Salvador.
1 comment:
Elian
It has been a very eventful few weeks for you. You personally have been through a lot. Reading about the striking differences is not enough to really understand. I try to imagine your life. We must come to see you and experience.
Take Care, Bernadette
Post a Comment